Change of Sponsorship of Employment Visa
Regardless a work visa has expired or not, a change of sponsorship application is required if a work visa holder is changing an employer. An application for a change of sponsorship must be filed with Immigration Department before starting a new employment.
The application procedure is similar to a new work visa application. However, if the new employment is in the same field/industry as the previous employment and other factors are similar, the change of sponsorship should be straightforward.
The Change of Sponsorship may involve the following situations:
1. Work Visa to Work Visa due to change of employer.
2. Work visa to Investment visa due to the fact that the applicant set up his/her own company.
The normal processing time for a change of sponsorship application is 4 weeks from the date of submission.
Prism’s Hong Kong Work Visa Consultant Service Involves:
Provide consultation service regarding to the documents required for the change of Employment Visa sponsorship application;
Prepare a tailor-made document checklist for the applicant and the sponsoring employer;
Complete all necessary Hong Kong Immigration forms for the applicant;
Review and organize the documents in favor of immigration policy;
Suggest alternative documents if the applicant is not able to get the listed documents;
Letters required for submission to Immigration Department;
Reply on the applicant’s behalf to all enquiries and correspondences from Immigration Department;
Prepare and draft all letters required for submission to Immigration;
Monitor the application process;
Keep both the applicant and the sponsoring company updated on the status of the employment visa application;
Accept the approval and have the Hong Kong Employment visa endorsed onto the applicant's passport.
- [1.] Free consultation regarding to the Hong Kong change of sponsorship application;
2. Advise the applicant and the sponsoring company on their alternatives and the likelihood of success;
3. Obtain the applicant/sponsoring company’s signature on the letter of engagement;
4. Obtain deposit payment;
5. Prepare a tailor-made document checklist for the Hong Kong Employment Visa application;
6. Complete immigration forms, drafts and letters;
7. Review the collected documents to ensure they are correctly presented;
8. Draft all letters required for submission to Immigration Department;
9. Ongoing liaison with Immigration Department;
10. Reply Immigration Department’s enquiries on the applicant’s behalf;
11. Accept the Employment visa approval and have the Employment visa label endorsed onto the applicant's passport.
An application form ID(E) 91 with the applicant’s signatures;
An application form ID(E) 990B with the sponsoring company's signatures;
Copy of the applicant’s passport;
Copy of the applicant’s service contract with the sponsoring employer;
Copies of the sponsoring employer's business incorporation documents;
Copy of the sponsoring employer’s financial documents.
The Hong Kong Dependent visa application process normally takes 4 to 6 weeks from the date of submission.
At the discretion of Immigration Department, the visa is valid for 1 or 2 years.
No new visa label would be issued if current visa label is valid for more than one year.
Applicant's Hong Kong Identity Card status would remain unchanged and no further action is required.