Right of Abode
Right of Abode in Hong Kong guarantees right to land in Hong Kong free from any conditions of stay. This ensures that a person with right of abode in Hong Kong cannot be deported from the Territoriy.
Foreigners are eligible to apply for right of abode in Hong Kong if:
The applicant holds a valid visa (excluding a visitor visa) for a continuous period of not less than seven years, up until and including, the right of abode application being considered by Hong Kong Immigration Department.
The applicant has typically resided in Hong Kong for a continuous period of not less than seven years immediately before the submission of the application of right of abode in Hong Kong. This means the applicant can’t be absent from Hong Kong for longer than a few months during this 7-year period.
Hong Kong has been the applicant’s only place of permanent residence during this 7-year period.
Prism’s Hong Kong Work Visa Consultant Service Involves:
Provide consultation service regarding to the documents required for application of right of abode in Hong Kong;
Prepare a tailor-made document checklist for Hong Kong visa applicant;
Complete all necessary Hong Kong Immigration forms for the applicant;
Review and organize the collected documents in favor of immigration policy;
Suggest alternative documents if the applicant is not able to get the listed documents;
Submit the application of right of abode in Hong Kong to Immigration Department;
Reply on the applicant’s behalf to all enquiries and correspondence from Immigration Department;
Prepare and draft all letters required for submission to Immigration Department;
Monitor the application process;
Keep the applicant’s updated on the status of the application;
Verification of documents for the applicant and proceed with cancellation of the current visa;
Provide guidance on Permanent Hong Kong Identity Card application.
- [1.] Free consultation regarding the application of right of abode in Hong Kong;
2. Advise the applicant on the alternatives and the likelihood of success;
3. Obtain the applicant’s signature on the letter of engagement;
4. Obtain deposit payment;
5. Prepare a tailor-made document checklist for the application;
6. Complete immigration forms, drafts and letters;
7. Review the collected documents to ensure they are correctly presented;
8. Draft all letters required for submission to Immigration Department;
9. Submit the right of abode application;
10. Ongoing liaison with Immigration Department;
11. Reply Immigration Department’s enquiries on the applicant’s behalf;
12. Taking approval of the application of right of abode in Hong Kong;
13. Verification of the right of abode documents and cancellation of the current visa;
14. Provide consultation regarding to the applicant’s Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card.
A Right of Abode application form ROP 145 and/or ROP 146;
Copies of all the applicant’s passports for the past 7 years;
Supporting documents to prove the applicant’s continuous residence in Hong Kong for the past 7 years.
The application process of right of abode in Hong Kong normally takes 4 to 12 weeks from the date of submission.
Once obtained, for the right of abode to remain valid, the applicant must visit Hong Kong at least once every 3 years.