A training visa is a subcategory of a work visa, designed for those who are required to come to Hong Kong to receive training in skills related to their current work; or for students who are doing internship here.
A person entering Hong Kong as trainers offering training to local staffs cannot be considered under this category. They should apply for a normal work visa.
A training visa is normally issued for the proposed training period or for a maximum period of 12 months, whichever is shorter. Processing usually takes 4 weeks approximately from the date of submission. Once the training visa holders complete their training, they should return to their countries of origin. They are not allowed to remain and undertake a change of category from a training visa to a normal work visa.
This category is also open to PRC (People’s Republic of China) nationals provided they fit the relevant criteria.
Documentary requirements to support an application for training visas are similar to that of work visas. However, a detailed training schedule must be submitted in addition to other supporting documentations.
Prism’s Visa Consultant Service Involves:
Provide consultation service regarding to the documents required for the training visa application;
Prepare a tailor-made document checklist for the applicant and the sponsoring employer;
Complete all necessary Immigration forms for the applicant;
Review and organize the documents in favor of immigration policy;
Suggest alternative documents if the applicant is not able to get the listed documents;
Submit the application to Immigration Department;
Reply on the applicant’s behalf to all enquiries and correspondences from Immigration Department;
Prepare and draft all letters required for submission to Immigration Department;
Monitor the application process;
Keep both the applicant and the sponsoring company updated on the status of the application;
Accept the approval and have the visa delivered to the applicant;
Provide guidance on Hong Kong Identity Card application
- 1. Free consultation regarding to the training visa application;
2. Advise the applicant and the sponsoring company on their alternatives and the likelihood of success;
3. Obtain the applicant/sponsoring company’s signature on the letter of engagement;
4. Obtain deposit payment;
5. Prepare a tailor-made document checklist for the application;
6. Complete immigration forms, drafts and letters;
7. Review the collected documents to ensure they are correctly presented;
8. Draft all letters required for submission to Immigration Department;
9. Ongoing liaison with Immigration Department;
10. Reply Immigration Department’s enquiries on the applicant’s behalf;
11. Accept the visa approval and pick the visa label from Immigration Department;
12. Deliver the visa to the applicant;
13 Provide guidance on Hong Kong Identity Card application.
An application form ID(E) 992A with the applicant’s signatures;
An application form ID(E) 992B with the sponsoring company's signatures;
Copy of the applicant’s passport;
Copy of the applicant’s service contract with the sponsoring employer;
Copies of the sponsoring employer's business incorporation documents;
Copy of detailed training schedule from sponsoring employer.
The training visa application process normally takes 4 to 6 weeks from the date of submission.
The initial visa once obtained is valid for a maximum of 12 months (sometimes less).
Once the training visa has been approved, the applicant is eligible to apply for a Hong Kong Identity Card if the training period is 6 months or longer.