Change of Visa Status
A change of status visa application is required when an applicant changes his/her immigration status regardless the current work permit in Hong Kong is still valid or not.
A change of visa status might involve a dependant spouse divorcing and receiving a job offer or an employed person deciding to start his/her own business. In the first instance the applicant has to change from a dependant spouse visa for a work visa or a work permit in Hong Kong, and in the second, a work visa or a work permit for an investment visa. However, the most common is changing from a visitor visa to a work visa or a permit to work in Hong Kong
Prism’s Hong Kong Work Visa Consultant Service Involves:
Provide visa consultation service regarding to the documents required for the appropriate visa application;
Prepare a tailor-made document checklist for Hong Kong applicant;
Complete all necessary Hong Kong Immigration forms for the applicant;
Review and organize the collected documents in favor of immigration policy;
Suggest alternative documents if the applicant is not able to get the listed documents;
Submit the application to Immigration Department;
Reply on the applicant’s behalf to all enquiries and correspondence from Immigration Department;
Prepare and draft all letters required for submission to Immigration Department;
Monitor the application process;
Keep the applicant updated on the status of the application;
Accept the approval and have the visa endorsed onto the applicant's passport.
- [1.] Free consultation regarding to the change of status visa application;
2. Advise the applicant and the sponsoring company on their alternatives and the likelihood of success;
3. Obtain the applicant/sponsoring company’s signature on the letter of engagement;
4. Obtain deposit payment;
5. Prepare a tailor-made document checklist for the application;
6. Complete immigration forms, drafts and letters;
7. Review the collected documents to ensure they are correctly presented;
8. Draft all letters required for submission to Immigration Department;
9. Ongoing liaison with Immigration Department;
10. Reply Immigration Department’s enquiries on the applicant’s behalf;
11. Accept the visa approval and have the visa label endorsed onto the applicant's passport.
A Change of Status Visa application form ID(E) 91/990A/999A with the applicant’s signatures;
A Change of Status Visa application form ID(E) 990B/999B with the sponsor's signatures;
Copy of the applicant’s passport;
Copy of the documents which fit to the change of visa status’ application.
The Hong Kong Dependent visa application process normally takes 4 to 6 weeks from the date of submission.
At the discretion of Immigration Department, the visa is valid for 1 or 2 years.
No new visa label will be issued if the current visa label is valid for more than 9 months.
A change in status visa category does not alter the status of the applicant's Hong Kong Identity Card.