A Dependant Visa is needed when a dependant spouse and unmarried dependant children under the age of 18, may accompany a sponsor who holds either a valid visa, e.g. employment, investment, student (depends on the nature), other resident visas, or who has already attained permanent HK residency to apply dependant visas. Dependant visa has to be applied individually (Or a resident who is not subject to a limit of stay (i.e. a resident with the right to land or on unconditional stay).
Under the current immigration policy, dependant visa holders are free to work, study or set up their own business.
The age limit for unmarried dependant children should be under 18, and the age limit for dependant parents should be 60 or above. Only permanent residents are allowed to sponsor dependant parents.
Nationals of Afghanistan, Albania, Cuba and North Korea are not allowed to sponsor dependants.
If a mainland chinese marries with a person who has permanent residence in Hong Kong, he/she cannot apply a dependant visa. He/she has to apply single entry from Mainland China to be able to stay in Hong Kong.
Prism’s Visa Consultant Service Involves:
Provide visa consultation service regarding to the documents required for the dependant visa application;
Prepare a tailor-made document checklist for the Dependant Visa applicant and the applicant’s Hong Kong sponsor;
Complete all necessary visa application forms required by Immigration Department for the Dependant Visa applicant;
Review and organize the collected documents in favor of immigration policy;
Suggest alternative documents if the Dependant Visa applicant is not able to get the listed documents;
Submit the application to Immigration Department;
Reply on the applicant’s behalf to all enquiries and correspondence from Immigration Department;
Prepare and draft all letters required for submission to Immigration Department;
Monitor the application process;
Keep the applicant and the sponsor updated on the status of the Dependant Visa application;
Accept the approval and have the Dependant visa delivered to the applicant;
Provide guidance on Hong Kong Identity Card application.
- 1. Free consultation regarding the Hong Kong dependant visa application;;
2. Advise the applicant and the sponsor on the alternatives and the likelihood of success;
3. Obtain the sponsor’s signature on the letter of engagement;
4. Obtain deposit payment;
5. Prepare a tailor-made document checklist for the application;
6. Complete immigration forms, drafts and letters;
7. Review the collected documents to ensure they are correctly presented;
8. Draft all letters required for submission to Immigration Department;
9. Ongoing liaison with Immigration Department;
10. Reply Immigration Department’s enquiries on the applicant’s behalf;
11. Accept the visa approval and collect the visa label from Immigration Department;
12. Deliver the visa to the sponsor;
13. Provide guidance on Hong Kong Identity Card application.
A Dependant Visa application Form ID(E) 997 with the applicant and sponsor’s signatures;
Copy of the applicant’s passport;
Supporting documents to prove the applicant's relationship to the sponsor.
The visa application process normally takes 4 to 6 weeks from the date of submission.
Student visa holders are not allowed to work unless getting a consent from Immigration Department.