Hong Kong Passport

How to get HKSAR Passport?

A person is eligible to apply for a Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Passport if he/she is:

  • a Chinese National;
    a permanent resident of the HKSAR; and
    a holder of a valid Hong Kong permanent identity card.

Chinese National

A person is regarded as of Chinese nationality if he/she is a Hong Kong resident:

  • (a) of Chinese descent who was born in Hong Kong or other parts of China; or
    (b) who fulfils the criteria of Chinese nationality in the Nationality Law of the People's Republic of China.

If the person concerned has declared a change of nationality and is no longer a Chinese national, he/she is not eligible for a HKSAR Passport.

Permanent Resident of the HKSAR

A person who is within one of the following categories is a permanent resident of the HKSAR:

  • (a) A Chinese citizen born in Hong Kong before or after the establishment of the HKSAR;
    (b) A Chinese citizen who has ordinarily resided in Hong Kong for a continuous period of not less than seven years before or after the establishment of the HKSAR;
    (c) A person of Chinese nationality born outside Hong Kong before or after the establishment of the HKSAR to a parent who, at the time of birth of that person, was a Chinese citizen falling within category (a) or (b) above.

Watch Latest Immigration Videos

Client's Testimonials

We’ve used Prism for a variety of support services and they’ve always been top notch. Definitely recommend them if you need help as a start-up business that needs support getting all of your paperwork in order.

testimonial 1

Michael Fegan

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ June 17, 2022

Make an appointment now!

Please provide a valid email address so we can schedule your free assessment.