Hong Kong Immigration - Latest News

Latest news from HK Immigration includes:

  •   Due to coronavirus epidemic globally, Hong Kong has launched a red alert for travellers from all countries.
       All travellers arriving in Hong Kong must undergo a 14-day home quarantine or medical surveillance.
       People heading to the mainland China, Macau, or Taiwan will not be affected the travel alert. Earlier already a 14-day mandatory quarantine has been imposed to people returning to HK home from mainland China.
       The advice for all Hong Kong citizens is not to plan travelling abroad for business or leisure, unless it is absolutely necessary.

Starting at 00h00 on 25th March 2020, all non Hong Kong residents will not be permitted to enter Hong Kong during the next 14 days.

  • All non-HK residents arriving via flights (i.e. the HK International Airport) will not be permitted to enter Hong Kong.
    All non-HK residents coming from Mainland China, Macau, or Taiwan will not be permitted to enter Hong Kong, if they had been to other countries in the past 14 days.
    No transit services via the Hong Kong International airport will be available.
    All HK residents and non-HK residents coming from Macau, or Taiwan will have to undergo quarantine.

Canada Announces Immigration Plan for 2014

  • November 20,2013
  • Canadian government targets to attract hundreds of thousands of new permanent residents in 2014 as part of an immigration plan to drive economic growth and position the country for success in the years ahead.

    After tabling the Annual Report to Parliament on Immigration, Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander on October 28 announced the immigration plan which involves attracting 240,000 to 265,000 new permanent residents in 2014, with record admissions under both the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).

    Under the plan, Canada aims to welcome up to 15,000 permanent residents under the CEC in 2014, the highest number since the program was launched in 2008, and between 44,500 and 47,000 permanent residents under the PNP, also the highest-ever levels for this program.

    "Securing economic growth is and will remain our Government's top priority," said Minister Alexander. "Canada is in a global competition for the best and brightest immigrants, and this plan is crafted with attracting the people we need for Canada to succeed."

    "While Canadians will continue to get the first crack at available jobs, getting the right people in the right places is key to addressing regional labour needs and fueling Canada's long-term prosperity. We need newcomers willing to put their skills, ideas and energies to work," the Minister explained.

    According to the plan, economic immigration is predicted to increase to 63 percent (164,500) in 2014. The remaining 37 percent will consist of family class immigrants (26.1 percent ? 68,000), refugees and others admitted under humanitarian programs (10.9 percent ? 28,400).

    "We will continue to drive down backlogs, reduce wait times and improve service. We will continue to reunite families. We will continue to give refuge to the world's most vulnerable," said Minister Alexander.

    Annual immigration plan is developed based on consultations with provinces, territories and stakeholders across Canada every summer, as well as feedback from the Canadian public. This year, Citizenship and Immigration Canada received more than 4,700 responses between June 21 and August 31, 2013.

    Back to home

    Watch Immigration Videos


    Client References

    Chris and Bonnie at Prism have been an absolute pleasure to work with. They clearly explained the application process, assisted in drafting necessary documents and were always available to address any questions or concerns. We couldn't have asked for better consultants.

    testimonial 1
    Cinar, Karazona

    Director, Organic Modernism Limited

    Make an appointment now!

    Please provide a valid email address so we can schedule your free assessment.